Friday, July 15, 2011

Kate Shaw: Liquefaction

Kate Shaw, Molecular Memory, 2011. Acrylic and resin on board, 90 x 60cm
Last night I had the pleasure of attending Kate Shaw's latest exhibition opening, "Liquefaction".

Kate explains her work like this:  ‘Vacillating between the real and hallucinated, my paintings harmonize textures, dimensions and colours with the fluidity of a psychedelic body of moving water. Through these vibrantly saturated pieces, I create an intermediary space between what we know to be natural and organic and what we perceive as other worldly; ultimately constructing a narrative of how nature and art are both irrevocably transformative.’

Bright, bold, moving.  I just wanted to cut a hole in the middle, pop it over my head and wear it.  mb

No comments:

Post a Comment